Here are 20 life lessons that I have learnt, that everyones need to learn in their 20's.
1. Its really hard to save money. Started putting away $50 each week in a book to keep track and avoid you from spending it.
2. Relationships will make you crazy. I pesonally have not been in a relationship, but I have seen what my friends went through. That's why I am dating first to get to know the person first.
3. Your Body is getting older. As much as I would love to stop the ageing process, I can help to reduce it. By eating good food and walking.
4. There is no such thing as an easy and successful path. No there is not but doing things that seem scary will be the greatest steps you ever took to find yourself on that successful path.
5. You won't have as many people as you did in school. Moving 2000km has proved this point even more. Friends are not going to help you get that dream job, but it's nice to have friends who can support you on the journey.
6. Being in debt is something you have to pay off. Reaching that goal to be debt free is something you need to do! By taking it out of your account first helps to avoids you from missing a payment. The quicker you get it done, rewards in the end make it all worth it.
7. The real world isn't all rainbows and lollipops. Sometimes we need trials in our life to enjoy the rainbows even more.
8. You will make bad decisions. Trust me I have had my fair share of bad decisions and sometime I wished it didn't happen but I am glad because I have learned from those mistakes.
9. You don't have everything figured out. Take control and compile a few picture of what you would like to achieve in the short and long term and put them on your wall. Seeing your goals will help you to achieve them.
10. You will have many jobs. I had many jobs (between 8-9 since I was 13) not because I was fired but because I wanted to try new things. And I think this has help sculpt who I am. Ticking of what I like about certain jobs.
11. You can't go out to parties like you used to. I kinda never did the whole club thing, but I see no need to dress up and go out and spend a lot of money to have a good time that I might not remember.
12. It's okay to try new things. Trying things like joining new Facebook groups (it's free) to learn things from others.
13. It's hard to settle down. Your job may lead you to relocate. Sometimes relocating is the best decision you could ever make. Pray and see if that door is opened.
14. Some companies that you work, don't always doesn't care about you! The reality is you are replaceable. So make them believe you are their only choice! Chances are you could be promoted!
15. You continue to compare yourself to others. Being single can help you find who you are, so take time for you and you will start loving yourself.
16. Life doesn't get easier. Learning from those trial can help build your character and help you to move forward in life.
17. Loving yourself is hard. In the media driven society we sometime believe we need to look a certain way to be excepted. Imagine if we all looked to same, how boring would that be!!!
18. Peer pressure doesn't go away or does media pressure!
19. College might not have been worth it. I know this from experience, I started a course and found it was not for me, I still have a passion for interior design, but it will be useful if an when I decide to build a home.
20. You might move back with your parents. It's ok, I moved back, I called it teenage crisis. I have been lucky I was able to move into a train carriage, it has no elecrity and plumbing, but it's my space. It's cheap rent, so I'm not complaining.
My quote that I live by is
We have people come into our lives, it could be a short of long time, but they are hear to teach us lessons once we have taught it they leave us.